Shop Buildings & Workshops
DIY Shop Kits. Go Up Fast & Cost less than Wood Construction
Dream of having a luxury workshop building, a retreat from the stresses of daily living, where you can exercise your creativity and comfortably work on home building projects?
Shop buildings in metal are the perfect solution, offering superior protection and a space to keep all your tools, crafts, musical instruments and other hobby projects safe and secure for years to come.
While the traditional use of a shop is for woodworking, a prefab workshop building can be used for a number of other purposes.
1. Art Studio or Craft Room – Steel shop buildings are a sound investment for an artist in need of a studio space to practice their creative abilities. What artist or crafter wouldn’t love an organized and gorgeous space to express themselves whenever the creative mood strikes? The interior of a steel workshop can be customized into an inspiring retreat, where artists can freely create any kind of art form they wish to in a comfortable and warm environment. A steel workshop is also the perfect place to store artwork safely from weather damage.
2. Car Repair Shop – Any mechanic’s dream, modern shop buildings can transform a cluttered and ordinary space into a handsome yet highly functional workspace. Steel shops offers both professional and amateur mechanics a pleasing and relaxing experience of working on a car in an organized and protected space.
3. Home Office – For the small business owner, a steel workshop is the perfect solution for those who wish to work outside the home or don’t have space inside their current home for an office, but can’t afford to rent a retail space. A steel-workshop-turned-office provides the office work environment you seek with the convenience of being located just outside the home.
4. Additional Living Space – When the in-laws are visiting and the house is full, you need a space to escape for a few moments of peace. Steel shops offer you that luxury, as they can be transformed either permanently or temporarily into a bedroom, family room, game room, you name it.
5. Storage Room – If there’s one thing homeowners always need, it’s more storage. Bikes, garden tools, sports equipment, and everything else, steel shops provide all this and more!
Your roof is subject to incredible stress, from snow to rain and wind, which is why it’s important that it be strong, durable and properly installed, requiring little maintenance and providing many years of hassle-free protection.
Steel metal is an incredibly cost-effective and strong roofing material, and will likely never need to be replaced during its lifetime.
BuildingsGuide represent many suppliers of both styles of pre-engineered steel structures with different roofing styles: traditional straight-wall buildings, and Quonset hut style buildings.
A Quonset building has a rounded corrugated arched roof, which has a well-earned reputation for its incredible strength and resilience, especially against earthquakes, hurricanes and gale-force winds.
The architectural style was designed during the Second World War, when the U.S. Navy required a lightweight building that could be easily shipped and assembled for use by their troops in Europe. The Quonset Huts, named after the town where they were first manufactured, were lightweight pre-engineered steel structures. The building style became popular for its large column-free, clearspan space inside, and the strength of its corrugated roof, which provided safety during bomb raids.
|Size (L /W)||Square feet||Quonset Kit Prices From:||A Frame Shop Building Kits From:|
|20′ x 20′||400 SF||$8,200||$11,300|
|30′ x 40′||1200 SF||$10,000||$11,500|
|40′ x 40′||1600 SF||$15,300||$18,400|
|40′ x 60′||2400 SF||$20,000||$23,000|
With metal shop buildings, you won’t have to be constantly replacing parts as is often the case with a wood building due to wood’s tendency to warp, crack and rot in response to harsh weather conditions such as rain, snow and cold temperatures.
In fact, steel has been shown to be much more durable than wood, which means you will save money on replacement costs and you won’t have to waste valuable time repairing your shop building.
If your area is subject to severe weather events such as hurricanes and tornadoes the strength of steel can offer a safe refuge from the harshest conditions Mother Nature has to throw at you.
That’s why, with a metal shop building, it is truly a case of “build it and forget about it.”
To learn much more about metal shop buildings, metal shop prices, metal shop kits as well as to receive multiple bids from local manufacturers complete our four minute quote request form and get up to four competing quotes.