American-made, I-Beam steel framing, custom-engineered in factories across North America.
- Customizable to suit any application
- Designed to meet your local building codes
- Certified to 160 mph wind & 110 (psf) snow load
- Precision engineering for a weathertight structure
- Red-oxide primer baked onto all components
- Low maintenance, with 30+ year warranties
- 100% usable, column-free space
- Easily expanded for future growth *
- Fast construction times
- DIY friendly
* if future expansion is a possible requirement, be sure to specify 'expandable end walls' when placing your order.
- 1:12 roof pitch (2:12-6:12 available)
- Tapered steel I-Beams (primary framing)
- All roof purlins & wall girts (secondary framing)
- Two framed door openings (add extra if required)
- Engineer stamped erection & anchor bolt plans
- Pre-painted 26-gauge metal roof & wall panels *
- All nuts, bolts, clips, and fasteners
- Detailed erection manual
- Pre-drilled, numbered parts
- Complete trim package
- Sealants & flashing
- Structural warranty (30-50 yrs)*
- Paint warranty (30-40yrs)*
*Vary by supplier
- Wind load: 70-160 mph
- Ground snow load: 10-110 (psf)
- Available roof pitches: 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6:12
- Roof styles: Gable, single slope, lean-to (LT)
- Bay spacing: 20', 25' and 30'
- Widths: 30' to 200' (clear span)
- Heights: 10' to 40' (eave height)
- Primary frame: I-beams (min.yield 42k psi) *
- Second frame: purlins/girts (min.yield 55k psi) *
- Wall & roof panels: 24 or 26 gauge metal panels
* vary by supplier
Items not Included:
- Additional doors and windows
- Gutters and downspouts
- Interior finishing
30x50 Metal Buildings
A 30x50 prefab steel building is a great investment for anyone looking for a commercial, hobby, or farm outbuilding solution. With 1,500 square feet of open space, this structure can be used for various applications. With its durable I-beam framing and many customization options, a metal building can easily be tailored to your needs.
Get started with quotes from four suppliers
30x50 Building Features
Each 30'x50' building kit package includes primary steel I-beams and secondary framing that are pre-engineered at the factory, ready to bolt together. Also included are pre-painted metal roofing and siding panels. You then specify your required framed openings for doors and windows. Detailed plans and assembly instructions are also included.
We've Simplified the Buying Process
Let us help you find the best supplier for your construction project. We've partnered with leading steel building manufacturers and distributors throughout the United States and Canada. Quoting companies know they are competing for your business and are motivated to provide you with the best service and price. Here's how our service works:
Common 30x50 Buildings
With a 30' x 50' garage, you get 1,500 sq ft of usable, clear-span space that can be designed as a comfortable 4 car garage with 500 sq ft of bonus space or adjust the layout for use as a drive through garage for boats and trailers. Or, for longer-term purposes, you can securely store up to nine vehicles. View our collection of custom garage buildings.View this kit
A 30' x 50' shop kit gives a fully open 1,500 square-foot workspace and is ideal for a personal hobby shop or a commercial workshop. Doors, windows, and skylights can be customized to suit your particular setup. Consider adding a lean to for extra covered storage. See our collection of designs and layouts.View this kit
The Construction ProcessRead the Build Process Guide
Standard 30 x 50 kits are packaged with all the components for a simple structure. You then customize this for your specific needs by picking a roof style and pitch and adding framed openings for windows and doors. You can also customize the siding and add structural options such as a lean-to or interior mezzanine level. Detailed below are some of the more popular custom options.
You can personalize your 30 by 50 building by mix-and-matching colors for the siding, roofing, and wainscot. Check out our color options page to see what colors are available and to get some inspiration for color schemes.
Explore the many door options available to provide adequate access to your building, whether that be for vehicles, livestock or inventory.
You have more siding options for your structure besides only metal; explore them to find one that matches your preferred look.
Consider structural add-ons to increase the functionality, interior/exterior space of your building. Choices include: porches, lean to's, carports, covered decks, loading docks and more.
What roof pitches are available for a 30x50 steel building?
The 30' x 50' building kits come with a standard 2:12 roof pitch, which can be optioned to be shallower at 1:12 or steeper at 4:12. Our suppliers can also provide custom roof pitches of 5:12 and 6:12.
See the 'roof pitch' section on our metal building roofs page for more details.
What does a 30x50 metal building cost?
The average cost of a 30' x 50' building is $25,000. Prices can range anywhere from $20,000 to $30,000, depending on the final specification of the building and the level of engineering required to meet your local codes.
For more details, see our metal building prices page.
How much concrete is required for a 30'x50' slab?
A typical 4" slab foundation for a 30' x 50' building will require 18.52 cubic yards of concrete, and a 6" slab will require 27.78 cubic yards.
How long do 30'x50' buildings take to erect?
A typical 30' x 50' building can be erected by a professional crew (4 installers) in approximately three to five days. A DIY build can typically take four to eight days. The foundation will need to be in place and have had several days to cure.