Primary Kit Features:
American-made, I-Beam steel framing, custom-engineered in factories across North America.
- Customizable to suit any application
- Designed to meet your local codes
- Certified to 160 mph wind & 110 (psf) snow load
- Precision engineering for a weathertight structure
- Red-oxide primer baked onto all components
- Low maintenance, with 30+ year warranties
- 100% usable, column-free space
- Easily expanded for future growth *
- Fast construction times
* if future expansion is a possible requirement, be sure to specify 'expandable end walls' when placing your order.
Included in the Kit:
- 1:12 roof pitch (2:12-6:12 available)
- Tapered steel I-Beams (primary framing)
- All roof purlins & wall girts (secondary framing)
- Two framed door openings (add extra if required)
- Engineer stamped erection & anchor bolt plans
- Pre-painted 26-gauge metal roof & wall panels *
- All nuts, bolts, clips and fasteners
- Detailed construction manual
- Pre-drilled, numbered parts
- Complete trim package
- Sealants & flashing
- Structural warranty (30-50 yrs)*
- Paint warranty (30-40yrs)*
*Vary by supplier
- Wind load: 70-160 mph
- Ground snow load: 10-110 (psf)
- Available roof pitches: 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6:12
- Roof styles: Gable, single slope, lean-to (LT)
- Standard bay spacing: 20', 25' and 30'
- Standard widths: 30' to 200' (clear span)
- Standard heights: 10' to 40' (eave height)
- Primary frame: I-beams (min.yield 42k psi) *
- Second frame: purlins/girts (min.yield 55k psi) *
- Wall & roof panels: 24 or 26 gauge metal panels
* vary by supplier
Items not Included:
- Additional doors and windows
- Gutters and downspouts
- Interior finishing
40x80 Metal Buildings
Bolt-up 40x80 buildings are built to last and withstand the harshest environments, with warranties of 30+ years. They're also virtually maintenance-free. For a slightly higher investment, you get a custom, commercial-grade, solid steel framed (not light gauge) building that adds value to your property. A structure of this size is popular for commercial, farm, and residential applications. Get started with competing quotes.
Get four building quotesCompare & save with competing quotes from trusted local suppliers
The standard kit contains everything you need for a basic structure, including pre-drilled primary steel I-beam framing and secondary framing, pre-painted PBR metal wall and roof panels, and all the necessary fasteners and sealants. You then customize this to suit your intended use by adding framed openings for doors and windows - sized and positioned to your specs.
Popular 40x80 Buildings
The Construction ProcessRead the build process guide
Personalize the appearance of your building by adding custom options like doors and windows in any size you want and roofing colors that match perfectly with its surroundings. Some of the more popular options are detailed below.
You can use different siding, roofing and wainscot color combinations to create a unique look for your structure. To see the colors that are available, and for some color scheme ideas, visit our color choices page.
There are many different types of doors that can be used to access your building, depending on your needs. You can choose from overhead doors, sliding doors, and more.
From traditional to modern, there are many different styles of siding that you can choose from when designing the exterior look for your building.
Structural options can increase the functionality of your building - add a mezzanine level, a lean to, roof overhangs, porches and more.
What roof pitches are available for the 40x80 building kit?
Our 40x80 building kits have a standard 2:12 roof pitch, but can be engineered to pitches of 1:12 to 4:12. If desired, 5:12 and 6:12 custom roof pitches are available from some of our suppliers. Please keep in mind that greater pitches increase the price of the building.
How much does a 40x80 concrete slab cost?
A 40x80 concrete lab costs an average of $16,000. The price per square foot for materials and labor is typically between $4 and $6 per foot nationwide. The final cost may vary significantly based on your building location and the amount of site prep that will be required.
How many bedrooms can fit in a 40x80 building?
For a single story ranch-style home you get four good sized bedrooms. With the addition of another level you get a large six bedroom home with plenty of open-concept living space.
- What alternatives are there to a 40x80?