Primary Kit Features:
American-made, I-Beam steel framing, custom-engineered in factories across North America.
- Customizable to suit any application
- Designed to meet your local building codes
- Certified to 160 mph wind & 110 (psf) snow load
- Precision engineering for a weathertight structure
- Red-oxide primer baked onto all components
- Low maintenance, with 30+ year warranties
- 100% usable, column-free space
- Easily expanded for future growth *
- Fast construction times
* if future expansion is a possible requirement, be sure to specify 'expandable end walls' when placing your order.
Included in the Kit:
- 1:12 roof pitch (2:12-6:12 available)
- Tapered steel I-Beams (primary framing)
- All roof purlins & wall girts (secondary framing)
- Two framed door openings (add extra if required)
- Engineer stamped erection & anchor bolt plans
- Pre-painted 26-gauge metal roof & wall panels *
- All nuts, bolts, clips and fasteners
- Detailed construction manual
- Pre-drilled, numbered parts
- Complete trim package
- Sealants & flashing
- Structural warranty (30-50 yrs)*
- Paint warranty (30-40yrs)*
*Vary by supplier
- Wind load: 70-160 mph
- Ground snow load: 10-110 (psf)
- Available roof pitches: 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6:12
- Roof styles: Gable, single slope, lean-to (LT)
- Standard bay spacing: 20', 25' and 30'
- Standard widths: 30' to 200' (clear span)
- Standard heights: 10' to 40' (eave height)
- Primary frame: I-beams (min.yield 42k psi) *
- Second frame: purlins/girts (min.yield 55k psi) *
- Wall & roof panels: 24 or 26 gauge metal panels
* vary by supplier
Items not Included:
- Additional doors and windows
- Gutters and downspouts
- Interior finishing
50x80 Metal Buildings
Looking for a cost-effective, maintenance-free building solution that’s built to last? Bolt-up 50x80 steel frame buildings are made from American steel and are engineered to meet your local building codes. All building kits are manufactured to your specifications and can be customized for your intended application.
Start your project, request quotes from four suppliers.
Get Four QuotesCompare and save with competing quotes from local suppliers
Building Kit Features
Our 50' x 80' steel building kits are ideal for those looking for a basic structure. The kit comes with pre-drilled primary steel I-beam framing and secondary framing, pre-painted PBR metal wall and roof panels, and all the necessary fasteners and sealants. You then customize this kit building to suit your intended application by adding framed openings for doors and windows - sized and positioned to your specifications.
50x80 Shop Houses (3 & 4 bedroom)
A 50x80 shop home with a single level offers sufficient floor space for a 1,800 sq ft shop, and a two-level building provides 2,500 sq ft of shop space; both configurations can easily accommodate living quarters with three bedrooms, open-concept living areas and large kitchen spaces.Designs & Layouts
The Construction ProcessRead the Build Process Guide
You can personalize a building's appearance to match your existing structures or compliment your corporate identity by mixing and matching color options, adding any number and style of doors and windows. Detailed below are some of the more popular customization options.
Different colors of siding, roofing, and wainscot can create a unique look for your building. To see the colors that are available, and for color scheme ideas, visit our color choices page.
There are many different types of doors that can be used to access your building, depending on your needs. You can choose from overhead doors, sliding doors, and more.
There are many different styles of siding available, from traditional to modern. Choose from metal siding, Hardie plank, stucco and more.
Adding structural features to a 50 x 80 steel building can increase its functionality. These add-ons can include a mezzanine level, a lean-to, roof overhangs, porches, and more.
BuildingsGuide makes finding reputable manufacturers of prefab buildings in America & Canada quick and easy so that you can choose the best vendor for your needs and budget.
Since 2004, over 200,000 buyers have saved an average of 28% on their new structure using our multiple quote service.
Compare & Save
Let us help you find the ideal metal building for sale.
- Tell us about your project
- We match you with vetted suppliers
- You receive four competing quotes
- Select the most suitable supplier
- Start your project